Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior seasonMay 2, 2016 - 1:39 AM SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) Forward V.J. Beachem has withdrawn his name from the NBA draft and will return to Notre Dame for his senior season.
Beachem made the announcement Sunday night on Twitter, writing that he was thankful for the opportunity to experience the NBA draft process and invitations to work out for teams, ''but now I'm ready to lead (at)ndmbb (hash)IMBACK.''
The 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward finished third on the team in scoring, averaging 12.0 points and 3.9 rebounds as the Irish finished 24-12. He was at his best in the NCAA Tournament, when he averaged 17.5 points as the Irish advanced to the Elite Eight for a second straight year.
Coach Mike Brey sent a Tweet saying he was thrilled Beachem will return.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17