Texas Tech 53, Tennessee 91Nov 18, 2009 - 2:19 AM By PAUL J. WEBER Associated Press Writer
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Taber Spani scored 18 points and Glory Johnson added 17 points to lead No. 6 Tennessee past Texas Tech 91-53 on Tuesday night.
Shekinna Stricklen added 16 points for the Lady Vols, who traveled to San Antonio with hopes of getting back to the Final Four city come April. They arrived with No. 1 Connecticut and No. 10 Texas, which played in the second game of the doubleheader.
Kierra Mallard scored 15 points for Texas Tech, which has lost all six meetings with Tennessee. The Lady Raiders shot just 30 percent from the field.
Angie Bjorklund hit four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points for the Lady Vols, who have now opened the year with two wins over Big 12 teams after beating No. 8 Baylor on Sunday.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21