No. 14 Texas topples Colorado 74-50Feb 11, 2010 - 4:06 AM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Ashleigh Fontenette scored 13 points, Cokie Reed added 12, and No. 14 Texas routed mistake-prone Colorado 74-50 on Wednesday night for its fourth consecutive win.
Kathleen Nash and Brittainey Raven added 10 points each for the Longhorns (17-6, 6-3 Big 12). Texas beat Colorado for the 10th time in 11 meetings in continuing its strong play since starting the conference season with consecutive losses.
Chucky Jeffery had 12 points to lead Colorado (12-10, 2-7), which lost its 15th in a row to a ranked opponent. Alyssa Fressle added 11.
Capitalizing on 11 first-half turnovers by Colorado, Texas got its transition game going, scoring one easy basket after another on fastbreaks en route to a 41-21 lead at halftime.
Texas had extended its lead to 64-34 with 8:05 left when Lauren Flores banked in a fastbreak layup following yet another Colorado turnover. The Buffaloes had 22 turnovers overall leading to 39 points for the Longhorns.
That's the way it went throughout for Colorado, which fell behind 14-0 in the game's first five minutes before Bianca Smith hit a 3-pointer for the Buffaloes' first basket.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18