Hightower scores 29, No. 23 LSU tops Auburn 75-51Feb 14, 2010 - 11:15 PM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Allison Hightower scored 29 points to lead No. 23 LSU to a 75-51 victory over Auburn on Sunday.
Hightower helped LSU jump out to a 28-6 lead in the first half after Auburn couldn't convert a field goal for almost 10 minutes. LSU (17-7, 6-6 Southeastern Conference) never looked back as it cruised to a 42-13 lead at the break and even led by 33 with 15:20 left in the game.
Hightower made a strong come back after being limited in her teams 64-62 overtime loss at home against Auburn on Jan. 10th. She suffered from cramps during the loss and scored only nine points.
LaSondra Barrett added 13 points and nine rebounds for LSU while reserve Latear Eason scored seven points.
Auburn shot 51 percent from the field in the second half, but even that couldn't recover the Tigers from a 19 percent shooting performance in the first 20 minutes of the game. Auburn has lost four straight and eight of their last nine, with the lone victory coming against No. 19 Georgia.
Jordan Greenleaf led Auburn (12-14, 3-10) with 14 points, but eight of those came from the foul line. Blanche Alverson added 11 points while Alli Smalley had 10.
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina women turn up D, beat Auburn 57-48 Mar 4
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21