Sims, No. 2 Baylor beat No. 6 Lady VolsDec 15, 2010 - 2:37 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Freshman guard Odyssey Sims scored a career-high 24 points to lead No. 2 Baylor to a 65-54 victory Tuesday over No. 6 Tennessee.
Brittney Griner added 21 points and the Lady Bears (10-1) won their seventh straight game since a loss to No. 1 Connecticut last month.
Tennessee (9-2) shot just 25 percent from the field and was led by Meighan Simmons' 22 points.
Baylor improved to 63-2 all-time in the month of December under head coach Kim Mulkey, including 40-0 at home, while extending its non-league home winning streak to 42 games.
The contest drew a crowd of 10,569 -- the largest ever at Ferrell Center.
- TENNESSEE: 54
Dec 14 9:05 PM
- TENNESSEE: 21
Dec 14 7:49 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 14 7:03 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26