No. 5 Tennessee routs AlabamaJan 7, 2011 - 2:50 AM Knoxville, TN (Sports Network) - Glory Johnson scored 19 points while Meighan Simmons added 15 points and 11 assists as No. 5 Tennessee routed Alabama, 110-45, at Thompson-Boling Arena.
Angie Bjorklund contributed 16 points and Taber Spani also posted 15 points for the Lady Vols (14-2, 2-0 SEC), winners in five straight overall.
Tierney Jenkins scored 11 points with seven rebounds and Jasmine Robinson poured in 10 for the Crimson Tide (11-4, 0-2), who have dropped two in a row since winning three straight.
Tennessee ripped off 22 of the game's first 25 points and led 58-22 at intermission thanks to 59.4 percent shooting. Alabama hit just 15.6 percent from the floor in the second half and was never in danger of making headway in its huge deficit.
- ALABAMA: 45
Jan 6 9:09 PM
- ALABAMA: 22
Jan 6 7:55 PM
- ALABAMA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 6 7:08 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21