No. 7 Texas A&M cruises past MizzouJan 15, 2011 - 7:47 PM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams scored 19 points and No. 7 Texas A&M cruised to an 85-40 victory over Missouri to post the best start in program history.
Tyra White added 16 points and Sydney Carter had 14 for the Aggies (15-1, 3-0 Big 12), who have won nine in a row since their only loss of the season to then-No. 5 Duke on December 6.
With a high-powered offense that scores more than 83 points a game, they are the first women's basketball team in school history to start a season 15-1.
RaeShara Brown scored 14 points to lead Missouri (9-8, 1-2).
The Tigers scored the initial five points of the game, but were already down by 16 midway through the first half and trailed 40-17 at the break.
Texas A&M opened the second half on a 10-0 run and led by as many as 50 points before the end of the game, capturing their seventh straight win over Missouri.
The Aggies have outscored their last nine opponents by an average of 35.3 points.
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4