Moore, Hartley lead No. 2 UConn over LouisvilleJan 15, 2011 - 7:55 PM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Maya Moore finished with a game-high 26 points and Bria Hartley added 24 points as second-ranked UConn topped Louisville, 78-55, at XL Center.
Hartley made 4-of-8 shots from beyond the arc and added eight rebounds for UConn (16-1, 6-0 Big East), which has won four straight since its record- killing loss at Stanford on December 30.
Stefanie Dolson added 12 points and Kelly Faris grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the victors,
Shoni Schimmel led Louisville (12-7, 3-2) with 15 points and six assists, while Keshia Hines and Tia Gibbs both added nine points for the Cardinals, who have dropped two straight.
Moore led UConn with 14 points in the first half, and the Huskies took a 31-26 lead into the break. UConn shot 43.3 percent from the field in the first half, but a paltry 1-of-7 from beyond the arc.
The Huskies shot 65.4 percent from the field in the second half, and held a double-digit lead for the last 14:13 of the game.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2