Buckeyes halt Michigan State's winning streakJan 16, 2011 - 8:13 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Jantel Lavender led all scorers with 24 points and grabbed eight rebounds, as No. 24 Ohio State snapped Michigan State's 14- game winning streak by defeating the ninth-ranked Spartans 67-53 in Big Ten action.
Tayler Hill chipped in 17 points and Brittany Johnson scored 10 for Ohio State (11-6, 2-3 Big Ten), which halted a brief two-game slide.
The Buckeyes held a 33-29 advantage at the intermission, as Lavender scored 14 points in the opening 20 minutes.
In the second half, Johnson's three-pointer put OSU ahead 39-29 nearly three minutes in and the advantage would swell to 16, 51-35, with just under 11 minutes to play. MSU never threatened the rest of the way.
Cetera Washington had a team-high 12 points to go with nine boards for Michigan State (16-2, 4-1), which lost for the first time since a 78-52 setback at Baylor on November 19. LyKendra Johnson had nine points, nine rebounds and five steals in defeat.
- MICHIGAN STATE: 53
OHIO STATE: 67
Jan 16 1:50 PM
- MICHIGAN STATE: 29
OHIO STATE: 33
Jan 16 12:45 PM
- MICHIGAN STATE: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 16 12:02 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away to beat Belmont 74-60 Mar 18
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17