Harris, Xavier rout UMassJan 16, 2011 - 10:10 PM Amherst, MA (Sports Network) - Amber Harris had a huge game with 19 points and 18 rebounds, as No. 8 Xavier earned an easy 81-55 victory over Massachusetts in Atlantic 10 action.
Ta'Shia Phillips also registered a double-double with 15 points and 15 boards, while Tyeasha Moss and Special Jennings both netted 11 points for Xavier (14-2, 3-0 A-10), which has won four straight.
Cerie Mosgrove led all scorers with 20 points to go with 10 rebounds for Massachusetts (5-13, 1-2), which has lost two in a row and four of its last six games. Jasmine Watson added 15 points in defeat.
The hosts held a comfortable 42-27 advantage at the break and used a 14-0 burst to start the second half to go up 56-27 with 16:03 remaining. UMass never got within single digits the rest of the way.
- XAVIER: 81
Jan 16 2:50 PM
- XAVIER: 42
Jan 16 1:46 PM
- XAVIER: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 16 1:06 PM
- UMass hires Tory Verdi as women's basketball coach Apr 9
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Stevens, No. 13 Duke women beat UMass 70-46 Dec 14
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16