No. 2 UConn routs North CarolinaJan 18, 2011 - 5:04 AM Chapel Hill, NC (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes led all scorers with 29 points and added seven rebounds, as No. 2 Connecticut earned an easy 83-57 win over 10th-ranked North Carolina.
Maya Moore posted a double-double with 26 points and 10 boards, while Bria Hartley finished with 11 points and eight assists for Connecticut (17-1), which has won five straight since suffering its only loss of the season, a setback at Stanford on December 30.
Italee Lucas had a team-best 13 points for North Carolina (16-2), which has split its last four and dropped to 5-6 in the all-time series against UConn.
Connecticut led by as many as 16 after Hayes hit a jumper to give the Huskies a 33-17 advantage with 11:24 left in the opening half. It was a double-digit game throughout and the visitors settled for a 49-37 lead at the break. Hayes had 18 points in the first half.
The Huskies scored 11 straight to start the second to go up by a healthy 24- point margin with 16:18 remaining. North Carolina was unable to get within 20 the rest of the way.
- CONNECTICUT: 83
NORTH CAROLINA: 57
Jan 17 9:01 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 49
NORTH CAROLINA: 37
Jan 17 7:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 17 7:06 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2