Pedersen leads Stanford over UCLAJan 21, 2011 - 7:08 AM Palo Alto, CA (Sports Network) - Kayla Pedersen scored a game-high 18 points to go along with 10 rebounds as No. 4 Stanford easily handled No. 8 UCLA, 64-38, at Maples Pavilion.
Jeanette Pohlen added 14 points while Nnemkadi Ogwumike scored 13 for the Cardinal (15-2, 6-0 Pac 10), who have won nine straight games since dropping back-to-back games to Tennessee and DePaul.
Chiney Ogwumike grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds for the victors.
Jasmine Dixon ended with 12 points to pace the Bruins (15-2, 5-1), who had a five-game winning streak snapped.
Stanford led 32-15 at the half behind a 46.2 percent shooting effort. Pedersen led the Cardinal with eight points and five rebounds, and Stanford scored 11 points off seven UCLA turnovers in the opening 20 minutes.
Darxia Morris led the Bruins with seven points in the second half, as UCLA shot an improved 32 percent from the field, but the early Stanford lead was too much to overcome as the Cardinal quickly put the game away and cruised down the stretch.
- UCLA: 38
Jan 20 11:58 PM
- UCLA: 15
Jan 20 10:48 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 20 10:09 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20