No. 3 Duke stays perfect with rout of Georgia TechJan 22, 2011 - 2:00 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Krystal Thomas recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds, as the third-ranked Duke Blue Devils remained unbeaten with a 69-32 rout of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Tricia Liston added nine points off the bench for the Blue Devils (18-0, 4-0 ACC), who gave head coach Joanne P. McCallie her 100th career victory. McCallie became the third-quickest coach to reach the mark in terms of games played (122).
Guard Jasmine Thomas ended with eight points despite playing through a sprained right ankle. Karima Christmas and Chloe Wells also tallied eight points.
Duke has won 18 straight games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Sasha Goodlett donated six points and eight rebounds for the Yellow Jackets (16-5, 4-1), who saw a 13-game winning streak come to an end.
Tyaunna Marshall and Frida Fogdemark each scored six points for Georgia Tech, which has lost 32 in a row to the Blue Devils. The last victory by Georgia Tech versus Duke was on February 27, 1994 in Atlanta.
The Blue Devils outscored the Yellow Jackets, 43-17, in the second half.
- GEORGIA TECH: 32
Jan 21 8:32 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 15
Jan 21 7:23 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 21 6:35 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1