No. 5 Lady Vols beat Auburn by 20Jan 23, 2011 - 10:51 PM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - Shekinna Stricklen had 18 points and Glory Johnson scored 16 with 13 rebounds, leading No. 5 Tennessee to a 73-53 victory over Auburn.
Kelley Cain added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Lady Vols (19-2, 7-0 SEC), who have won 10 straight games since losing to Baylor last month.
Auburn (12-8, 5-2) got 13 points apiece from Morgan Toles and Alli Smalley, but had its three-game winning streak snapped.
Tennessee carried a 34-19 lead into halftime and outshot Auburn 43-34 percent for the game, stretching its lead in the all-time series to 34-10.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21