Moore leads No. 2 UConn over RutgersJan 27, 2011 - 3:46 AM Piscataway, NJ (Sports Network) - Maya Moore had 17 points and 16 rebounds to pace the second-ranked Connecticut Huskies over the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 63-44.
Tiffany Hayes added 18 points for the Huskies (19-1, 8-0 Big East), who have won seven straight since their record 90-game winning streak came to an end against Stanford on December 30.
Bria Hartley chipped in with 15 points and five rebounds for Connecticut, which has won 58 consecutive games against Big East opponents.
April Sykes finished with 20 points to pace Rutgers (12-7, 5-1), which has lost six straight against the Huskies.
Monique Oliver ended with 12 points for the Scarlet Knights, who had a five- game winning streak snapped.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2