Xavier keeps rolling along with win over Rhode IslandJan 29, 2011 - 11:36 PM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Amber Harris scored 16 points and grabbed five rebounds to power seventh-ranked Xavier past Rhode Island, 67-45, at the Cintas Center.
Ta'Shia Phillips supplied 12 points and 15 boards while Tyeasha Moss chipped in with 11 points and Special Jennings contributed 10 points and six assists for the Musketeers (17-2, 6-0 Atlantic 10), who won their 21st straight conference game.
Lara Gaspar led all scorers with 22 points, and added seven caroms, while Megan Shoniker chipped in with 13 points and four assists for the Rams (6-14, 0-6), who have lost six in a row and 10 of their last 11.
Xavier asserted control right from the start, scoring the game's first 10 points and racing out to a 12-2 lead 5 1/2 minutes in.
Rhode Island pulled to within 16-10 but never got closer than eight points the rest of the way in falling to Xavier for the 15th time in 20 meetings.
The hosts shot 48 percent from the field, including 6-of-13 from three-point territory, while the Rams shot just 36 percent from the field.
- RHODE ISLAND: 45
Jan 29 5:55 PM
- RHODE ISLAND: 24
Jan 29 4:55 PM
- RHODE ISLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 4:08 PM
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Rhode Island 57-54 Nov 13
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16
- No. 7 Xavier dominates Fordham Feb 12