No. 4 Stanford uses big first half to down Oregon StateJan 29, 2011 - 10:46 PM Corvallis, OR (Sports Network) - Kayla Pedersen made six of her seven shots en route to 21 points as No. 4 Stanford easily took care of Oregon State, 74-44.
Pedersen also went 3-for-3 from the three-point arc and 6-of-7 from the free throw line for Stanford (18-2, 9-0 Pac-10), which has won 12 straight.
Jeanette Pohlen posted 15 points and five assists and Chiney Ogwumike and Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 11 and 10 points, respectively, for the victors.
Earlysia Marchbanks carried the offensive load with 19 points for Oregon State (7-13, 0-9).
Stanford came out hot by shooting 59.1 percent of its first-half shots to take a commanding 39-19 lead.
They ended the game making 46.4 percent from the field, while holding Oregon State to 27.1 percent shooting for the game. The visitors' biggest lead came with 6:45 left in the game when they separated themselves by 36, 68-32, off of a Joslyn Tinkle layup.
- STANFORD: 74
OREGON STATE: 44
Jan 29 4:32 PM
- STANFORD: 39
OREGON STATE: 19
Jan 29 3:40 PM
- STANFORD: 0
OREGON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 3:01 PM
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26