Notre Dame dominates VillanovaJan 30, 2011 - 3:26 AM Villanova, PA (Sports Network) - Devereaux Peters scored 20 points to lead ninth-ranked Notre Dame to a 58-43 win over Villanova.
Becca Bruszewski added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Fighting Irish (18-4, 7-1 Big East), who posted their fifth straight win. Skylar Diggins tallied 13 points and Natalie Novosel dropped in 11 in the triumph.
Laura Sweeney netted 14 points for the Wildcats (8-12, 0-7), who lost their fourth in a row.
Notre Dame, which held a 32-20 halftime lead, scored 13 in a row during one stretch of the opening half. The Wildcats were within six in the early stages of the second half, but couldn't catch up despite the Irish being held to their lowest point total of the season.
- NOTRE DAME: 32
Jan 29 7:44 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 7:07 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5