Phillips helps Xavier blowout La SalleFeb 2, 2011 - 3:04 AM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Ta'Shia Phillips had 21 points and 10 rebounds as No. 7 Xavier took a 102-51 win over La Salle.
Katie Rutan had 15 points, Tyeasha Moss added 13 points and five assists while Shatyra Hawkes added 12 points and five helpers for the Musketeers (18-2, 7-0 Atlantic 10), who have won eight straight since dropping games at Duke and Stanford prior to the new year.
Xavier matched the 2000-01 squad for the best start in school history and also eclipsed the 100-point mark for the first time since December 9, 2001, a triple-overtime contest against Toledo.
Ashley Gale had 17 points and five assists while Ebonee Jones added 16 points and six boards for the Explorers (6-16, 2-5), who failed to build on their win over George Washington this past Saturday.
Xavier shot 60.5 percent from the field in the first half to build a 62-21 lead at the break and never looked back.
- LA SALLE: 51
Feb 1 8:51 PM
- LA SALLE: 21
Feb 1 7:45 PM
- LA SALLE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 1 7:08 PM
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16
- No. 7 Xavier dominates Fordham Feb 12
- Phillips, Moss propel Xavier past Richmond Feb 9