Adams leads Aggies to rare win at Texas TechFeb 5, 2011 - 10:33 PM Lubbock, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams poured in a game-high 26 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead sixth-ranked Texas A&M to a 79-65 win over Texas Tech at United Spirit Arena.
Adaora Elonu chipped in 13 points while Sydney Carter provided 12 points and nine boards for the Aggies (19-2, 7-1 Big 12), who bounced back from Sunday's three-point loss to top-ranked Baylor and won for the 13th time in their last 14 games.
Texas A&M won for just the fourth time in 32 trips to Lubbock.
Casey Morris scored 23 points while Teena Wickett added 15 for the Lady Raiders (16-6, 3-5), who have dropped five straight following an eight-game win streak.
The Aggies held a 35-30 advantage at halftime and increased their lead to 47-36 on an Adams jumper with 15:43 to play.
The hosts trimmed the deficit to 53-50 with 10 1/2 minutes to go, but got no closer. Texas A&M used an 11-0 run to extend its lead to 75-56 with 3:25 remaining and put the game out of reach.
- TEXAS A&M: 79
TEXAS TECH: 65
Feb 5 5:06 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 35
TEXAS TECH: 30
Feb 5 3:57 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 3:09 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25