No. 3 Stanford dominates WazzouFeb 11, 2011 - 5:36 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike finished with a game-high 19 points on 8-of-9 from the field, and third-ranked Stanford dismantled Washington State, 100-59.
Kayla Pedersen added 15 points, five rebounds and five assists while Toni Kokenis scored 13 for the Cardinal (21-2, 12-0 Pacific 10), who have won 15 straight since back-to-back loses to DePaul and Tennessee. Jeanette Pohlen added 12 points for the victors.
Jazmine Perkins led the Cougars (7-17, 5-7) with 18 points in a reserve role. Carly Noyes added nine points as Washington State had a brief two-game winning streak snapped.
Ogwumike paced Stanford with 15 points on 6-of-7 from the field in the first half as the Cardinal held a 46-32 lead after the opening 20 minutes. Perkins had 14 in the first half and the Cougars shot 51.9 percent from the field. However, 12 costly turnovers allowed Stanford to hold the early advantage.
Stanford shot 71 percent from the field in the second half, cruising to the lopsided win.
- WASHINGTON STATE: 59
Feb 10 11:45 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 32
Feb 10 10:43 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 10 10:07 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18