Stanford fends off WashingtonFeb 13, 2011 - 12:32 AM Palo Alto, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike's double-double of 21 points and 10 rebounds powered third-ranked Stanford to a 62-52 win over Washington at Maples Pavilion.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike posted 22 points and nine boards for Stanford (22-2, 13-0 Pac-10), which has won 16 straight since dropping consecutive games at DePaul and Tennessee in December.
Kayla Pedersen chipped in 13 points for the Cardinal, who have won 50 games in a row against the Pac-10.
Kristi Kingma scored 22 points to pace Washington (10-12, 5-8), which got eight points and five assists from Sarah Morton.
- WASHINGTON: 52
Feb 12 6:54 PM
- WASHINGTON: 18
Feb 12 5:56 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 12 5:19 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24