No. 10 DePaul edges past RutgersFeb 16, 2011 - 5:41 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Keisha Hampton scored 22 points, dished out seven assists and grabbed five rebounds while Sam Quigley added 14 points, as No. 10 DePaul defeated Rutgers, 66-62.
Felicia Chester notched 11 points and Taylor Pikes chipped in 10 points for the Blue Demons (24-3, 11-1 Big East), winners of three straight and 11 of 12 overall. Pikes also provided seven rebounds and four assists.
April Sykes posted 15 points and five rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (14-11, 7-5), who have lost three straight. Khadijah Rushdan and Chelsey Lee each had 13 points while Erica Wheeler poured in 11 points in the loss.
DePaul had a nice 41-25 lead at the half, but Rutgers came out of the break and scored the first five points. With 13 1/2 minutes remaining, Rushdan's free throw started an 11-point spurt to get Rutgers back into the game.
Sykes' three-pointer capped off the run, making it a 50-45 game with just under 9 1/2 to play. The Scarlet Knights got within two points, but were never able to take the lead as DePaul held on the rest of the way.
- RUTGERS: 62
Feb 15 11:12 PM
- RUTGERS: 25
Feb 15 9:54 PM
- RUTGERS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 15 9:13 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27