Maryland shocks No. 7 DukeFeb 18, 2011 - 4:04 AM College Park, MD (Sports Network) - Lynetta Kizer tallied 17 points and nine rebounds as 16th-ranked Maryland upended No. 7 Duke, 69-47.
Alyssa Thomas added 15 points and a game-high 10 boards for the Terrapins (21-5, 7-4 ACC), who halted a two-game slide. Tianna Hawkins contributed 10 points for the victors.
Jasmine Thomas poured in 12 points with five rebounds, but committed eight turnovers as the Blue Devils (23-3, 9-2) shot just 35 percent from the field in defeat.
Duke used a 13-2 clip early in the second half to climb within 39-38, but Hawkins countered with two straight easy buckets and Diandra Tchatchouang drilled a trey as Maryland opened up a 48-38 edge. The Terps never looked back, and aided their win by forcing 20 Duke miscues.
- DUKE: 47
Feb 17 9:23 PM
- DUKE: 19
Feb 17 8:19 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 7:37 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4