DePaul edges Notre Dame on Chester's late bucketMar 1, 2011 - 5:59 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Felicia Chester hit the game-winning layup with six seconds remaining, giving No. 12 DePaul a 70-69 win over seventh-ranked Notre Dame in the regular season finale for both teams.
Chester finished with 20 points and Keisha Hampton added 17 for the Blue Demons (26-5, 13-3 Big East), who have earned the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Big East Tournament.
Skylar Diggins led Notre Dame (24-6, 13-3) with 18 points but failed to get a shot off in the closing seconds. Natalie Novosel scored 17 points for the Fighting Irish, who had won two in a row coming in and are now the No. 3 seed in the conference tourney.
- NOTRE DAME: 69
Feb 28 11:12 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 26
Feb 28 9:56 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 9:07 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20