Chambers scores 35, Kansas State tops No. 5 Texas A&MMar 3, 2011 - 3:54 AM Manhattan, KS (Sports Network) - Sophomore guard Brittany Chambers made seven three-pointers en route to a career-high 35 points to lead the Kansas State Wildcats over the fifth-ranked Texas A&M Aggies, 71-67.
Taelor Karr added 14 points for the Wildcats (19-9, 9-6 Big 12), who snapped a two-game skid. Branshea Brown donated 10 points and eight rebounds.
Sydney Colson finished with 21 points and seven assists for the Aggies (24-4, 12-3), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Danielle Adams and Sydney Carter added 19 and 16 points, respectively, in defeat.
The Wildcats started the game on a 20-5 run, but Texas A&M kept it close with a surge at the end of the first half.
Down 34-23 with 2:17 remaining, the Aggies scored the final seven points of the half to cut the gap to 34-30.
Texas A&M took a 53-51 edge midway through the second half on jumpers from Colson and Tyra White. But Karr and Chambers responded with consecutive three- pointers to give the Wildcats a 56-53 margin with 4:14 left.
The game remained tight and Adams' jumper with 16 seconds remaining got the Aggies within two, 69-67. Brown made a layup at the other end to make it a four-point game.
Carter missed a three-pointer as time expired.
- TEXAS A&M: 67
KANSAS STATE: 71
Mar 2 10:16 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 30
KANSAS STATE: 34
Mar 2 8:52 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 8:10 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5