Louisville downs No. 7 DePaulFeb 24, 2011 - 3:05 AM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Monique Reid canned 10-of-17 shots and made all eight of her free throws en route to a game-best 28 points as Louisville upended seventh-ranked DePaul, 68-55, at KFC Yum! Center.
Shoni Schimmel supplied 11 points, nine rebounds and six assists while Becky Burke chipped in with 10 points for the Lady Cardinals (18-10, 9-5 Big East), who have won four of their last five games.
Keisha Hampton scored 20 points and Felicia Chester provided 10 points and eight boards for the Blue Demons (25-4, 12-2), who had won four in a row and 12 out of 13 entering the contest.
Trailing 12-5, Louisville put together a 13-2 run to grab an 18-14 lead with 9 1/2 minutes to play in the first half. Louisville extended the lead to as many as seven and took a 26-20 at the break.
The Lady Cards opened up a 15-point advantage on two occasions in the second half and withstood a DePaul rally that shaved the lead to seven with 8 1/2 minutes to go.
Burke's three-pointer capped an ensuing 9-2 run that pushed the lead back to a comfortable 14 two minutes later and the Demons never got closer than seven the rest of the way.
- DEPAUL: 55
Feb 23 9:17 PM
- DEPAUL: 20
Feb 23 7:52 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 7:09 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16