Baylor beats Colorado to finish off regular seasonMar 6, 2011 - 12:09 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored a game-best 26 points and hauled in a game-high 13 boards as third-ranked Baylor dominated Colorado, 81-59, to close out the regular season at the Coors Events Center.
Odyssey Sims tallied 18 points and eight boards, while Destiny Williams supplied 10 points and 11 caroms for the Lady Bears (28-2, 15-1 Big 12), who earned 15 Big 12 conference wins for the first time in school history.
Brittany Spears totaled 23 points and nine rebounds, while Meagan Malcolm-Peck contributed 16 points and 10 boards for the Buffaloes (15-14, 6-10), who had a three-game win streak snapped.
Baylor scored the game's first 13 points and fashioned a 30-10 lead before the Buffaloes stormed back to close the gap to 34-28 at halftime.
Leading by eight in the second half, the visitors put the game out of reach with a 14-0 surge to increase their lead to 57-35 with under 12 minutes to go.
- BAYLOR: 81
Mar 5 6:05 PM
- BAYLOR: 34
Mar 5 5:02 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 5 4:11 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18