No. 7 Notre Dame moves on to Big East semifinalsMar 7, 2011 - 4:29 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Devereaux Peters tallied 19 points, nine rebounds and six blocks as No. 7 Notre Dame defeated Louisville, 63-53, in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals round.
Skylar Diggins notched 14 points and four assists for the Fighting Irish (25-6), who is the third seed in the tournament and will play second-seeded DePaul in the semifinals on Monday.
Shoni Schimmel had 12 points and six rebounds for the Cardinals (20-12), who got nine points from Keshia Hines and Charmaine Tay.
Notre Dame held a 32-24 lead at half and kept their distance during the second -- shooting 50 percent from the field -- to preserve the win.
- LOUISVILLE: 53
NOTRE DAME: 63
Mar 6 10:10 PM
- LOUISVILLE: 24
NOTRE DAME: 32
Mar 6 9:02 PM
- LOUISVILLE: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 6 8:18 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19