Notre Dame slips past DePaul, faces UConn for Big East titleMar 8, 2011 - 4:50 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Skylar Diggins scored 19 points and Devereaux Peters added 15 and nine rebounds, as 10th-ranked Notre Dame edged ninth- ranked DePaul, 71-67, in the second Big East Tournament semifinal game.
Becca Bruszewski added seven points and nine rebounds for Notre Dame (26-6), which moved into Tuesday's title game against top-ranked UConn.
Keisha Hampton posted a career-high 31 points and Anna Martin contributed 12 points for DePaul (27-6), which led in the final two minutes before falling.
Diggins made a layup with 1:43 left to give the Fighting Irish a 66-65 lead, then dished off to Natalie Achonwa for a lay-in and a three-point margin.
Hampton's bucket cut the deficit to one with 27.6 ticks remaining then Diggins drained 1-of-2 free throws. DePaul had a chance at a tie or the lead but Hampton turned it over and Brittany Mallory drained two free throws to seal the victory.
- NOTRE DAME: 71
Mar 7 10:10 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 27
Mar 7 8:56 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 7 8:13 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20