Griner, No. 3 Baylor reach Big 12 finalMar 11, 2011 - 10:48 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner finished with a game-high 21 points and six rebounds as No. 3 Baylor topped Kansas State, 86-53, in the semifinals of the Big 12 Conference Tournament.
Destiny Williams added 18 points and seven boards while Odyssey Sims added 14 points for the top-seeded Bears (30-2), who will face Texas A&M in Saturday's final.
Kimetria Hayden added 10 points while Melissa Jones dished out seven assists in the win.
Kelsey Hill paced the Wildcats (21-10) with 14 points, including 4-of-8 from beyond the arc. Taelor Karr added 13 points while Brittney Chambers scored eight in the loss.
The Bears controlled the game from the opening tip and never trailed. Sims gave Baylor a 20-5 advantage with a three-pointer about eight minutes in and the lead remained above 10 for most of the first half.
Baylor shot 51.6 percent from the field in the first half and was 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Hayden gave the Bears a 50-30 lead in the opening minutes of the second half with a jumper and three-point conversion and Baylor cruised down the stretch.
- KANSAS STATE: 53
Mar 11 2:59 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 26
Mar 11 1:52 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 11 1:11 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19