Stanford tops UCLA to take Pac-10 crownMar 12, 2011 - 10:55 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Toni Kokenis tallied 17 points, including 10 in the final 5 1/2 minutes, as No. 2 Stanford downed seventh-ranked UCLA, 64-55, to win the Pac-10 championship.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike scored 15 with nine rebounds for the top-seeded Cardinal (29-2), who got 12 points, six boards and four assists from Kayla Pedersen.
Doreena Campbell poured in 16 points for the Bruins (27-4). Markel Walker and Darxia Morris each had 12 points in defeat.
Kokenis hit a bucket with 5:16 remaining to give Stanford a 49-48 edge, then hit another jumper and followed with a three-pointer to make it 54-48.
After Morris missed a trey at the other end, Kokenis drained one more triple for a nine-point Cardinal lead with 2:54 showing.
Walker's three-point play drew UCLA within 61-55, but that's as close as the Bruins came.
- UCLA: 55
Mar 12 4:36 PM
- UCLA: 30
Mar 12 3:20 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 12 2:40 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20