UConn hammers Hartford as expectedMar 21, 2011 - 12:01 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Maya Moore scored 12 points as the top-seeded Connecticut Huskies rolled to a 75-39 victory over the 16th-seeded Hartford Hawks in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Tiffany Hayes, Bria Hartley and Stefanie Dolson all tallied 12 points as well for UConn (33-1), which advances to the second round to take on ninth- seeded Purdue. The Huskies also got 10 points from Kelly Faris.
Alex Hall netted 10 points in the lopsided loss for Hartford (17-16), which is coached by former Connecticut standout point guard Jen Rizzotti.
UConn led 40-17 at intermission, as the Huskies shot 58.1 percent from the floor in the first half while limiting the Hawks to 29.2 percent efficiency.
A 9-of-10 showing from the foul line in the second half and continued strong defensive play enabled the Huskies to seal the win.
UConn finished with a 47-23 rebounding advantage.
- HARTFORD: 39
Mar 20 1:46 PM
- HARTFORD: 17
Mar 20 12:46 PM
- HARTFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 12:06 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2