Georgetown moves on to round twoMar 20, 2011 - 9:28 PM College Park, MD (Sports Network) - Sugar Rodgers posted 26 points and eight rebounds to power the fifth-seeded Georgetown Hoyas to a 65-49 triumph over the 12th-seeded Princeton Tigers in Philadelphia Regional action of the NCAA Tournament's first round.
Tia Magee added 14 points and Rubylee Wright contributed 11 points for Georgetown (23-10), which advances to battle fourth-seeded Maryland in round two.
Addie Micir scored 13 points in defeat for Princeton (24-5).
Georgetown held a 34-14 lead at intermission after limiting Princeton to 28.6 percent shooting from the field in the first half.
The Hoyas cruised to victory despite being outscored 12-3 from the foul line in the second half.
Georgetown committed just eight turnovers in the game and forced 18 giveaways.
- PRINCETON: 49
Mar 20 4:37 PM
- PRINCETON: 14
Mar 20 3:34 PM
- PRINCETON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 2:51 PM
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- Penn women beat Princeton 62-60 to win Ivy title Mar 8
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- No. 10 Ohio State women beat Princeton 90-70 Dec 18
- Report: Obama niece target of threat before game Mar 23
- Maryland ends Princeton's perfect season in second round Mar 23
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Georgetown names Natasha Adair women's hoops coach Apr 14
- Seminoles advance behind strong defensive effort Mar 24
- Fighting Irish fend off Hoyas Jan 15
- Faris, Stewart carry UConn over Georgetown Jan 9