Texas A&M advances easilyMar 21, 2011 - 1:47 AM Shreveport, LA (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams scored 18 points as the second-seeded Texas A&M Aggies rolled to an 87-47 triumph over the McNeese State Cowgirls in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Tyra White and Kelsey Assarian both added 12 points for Texas A&M (28-5), which will clash with seventh-seeded Rutgers in round two.
Caitlyn Baggett tallied 22 points in the loss for McNeese State (26-7).
Texas A&M opened the game with a 22-3 run and never looked back.
The Aggies finished the game with 54 points in the paint, taking full advantage of their considerable size advantage.
Texas A&M has now gotten through the first round of the NCAA Tournament in five consecutive years.
- MCNEESE STATE: 47
TEXAS A&M: 87
Mar 20 6:51 PM
- MCNEESE STATE: 15
TEXAS A&M: 41
Mar 20 5:49 PM
- MCNEESE STATE: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 5:06 PM
- McNeese State promotes Cryer as new women's basketball coach Apr 8
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18