Rutgers dominates Louisiana TechMar 21, 2011 - 1:56 AM Shreveport, LA (Sports Network) - April Sykes racked up 22 points as the seventh-seeded Rutgers Scarlet Knights cruised past the 10th-seeded Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters by a 76-51 final in the first round of the 2011 NCAA Tournament.
Khadijah Rushdan pitched in 16 points and 10 rebounds for Rutgers (20-12), which will take on second-seeded Texas A&M in round two.
Adrienne Johnson had 20 points an Brietta Thomas contributed 12 points in defeat for Louisiana Tech (24-8).
Rutgers held a 39-21 lead at intermission and was never threatened in the second half.
While the Scarlet Knights shot 51 percent from the floor, they were able to limit the Lady Techsters to 27 percent field goal efficiency.
- LOUISIANA TECH: 51
Mar 20 9:19 PM
- LOUISIANA TECH: 21
Mar 20 8:07 PM
- LOUISIANA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 7:28 PM
- Louisiana Tech's Stoehr says program ready to move forward Apr 19
- Louisiana Tech hires Brooke Stoehr to replace Summitt Apr 18
- DeMoss will be interim coach at Louisiana Tech Apr 8
- Tyler Summitt admits inappropriate relationship, resigns Apr 7
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3