Stanford downs California in OTJan 29, 2012 - 1:10 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike had 27 points and 18 rebounds to lift No. 4 Stanford to a 74-71 overtime win over California.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike posted 12 points and nine rebounds while Toni Kokenis added 18 points and four assists for the Cardinal (18-1, 9-0 Pac-12), who have won 15 straight since a loss to UConn on November 21.
Brittany Boyd had 19 points and seven rebounds for the Golden Bears (15-6, 6-3), who had a four-game winning streak stopped.
Chiney Ogwumike hit one-of-two free throws with 65 seconds to play in overtime for a one-point lead.
Layshia Clarendon missed a jumper at the other end for California and Toni Kokenis hit two free throws with 23 seconds to play to seal the win.
- CALIFORNIA: 71
Final - OT
Jan 28 7:08 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 64
End of Regulation
Jan 28 6:52 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 29
Jan 28 5:50 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 28 5:05 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18