Notre Dame beats West Virginia, reaches Big East finalMar 6, 2012 - 3:18 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Natalie Novosel made four three-pointers en route to a team-high 18 points, as No. 3 Notre Dame avenged its only conference loss of the season with a 73-45 thumping of No. 25 West Virginia in the semifinals of the Big East Tournament.
The top-seeded Fighting Irish (30-2) lost to the Mountaineers on February 12, but on Monday they shot 20-of-23 from the foul line and held West Virginia to 35 percent shooting to cruise into the conference title game on Tuesday.
Kayla McBride scored 15 points, Devereaux Peters had 11 and Brittany Mallory chipped in 10 for Notre Dame, which will play four-time defending tournament champion Connecticut in the finals.
Asya Bussie posted 15 points to lead the fifth-seeded Mountaineers (23-9), who trailed 37-19 at the break and never threatened in the second half.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19