Stanford downs ASU, gains Pac-12 finalMar 10, 2012 - 12:58 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike notched a game-best 24 points to go with 12 rebounds as No. 2 Stanford advanced to the Pac-12 final with a 52-43 victory over Arizona State.
Chiney Ogwumike added 12 points and a game-best 13 boards for the Cardinal (30-1), who will face California on Saturday.
Kali Bennett and Micaela Pickens scored 10 points each for the Sun Devils (20-11).
Arizona State shot a dismal 24 percent in the first half and found itself down 29-15 at the break.
But the Sun Devils hung tough in the second half, eventually whittling a 12- point deficit to six, 46-40, on a Deja Mann layup with 49 seconds to play.
Stanford then hit all six of its free throws down the stretch to lock up the victory.
- ARIZONA STATE: 43
Mar 9 5:16 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 15
Mar 9 3:52 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 9 3:12 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19