Mosqueda-Lewis, No. 2 UConn down No. 10 Penn StateDec 7, 2012 - 2:38 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis tallied 25 points, five rebounds and four steals in No. 2 Connecticut's 67-52 victory over 10th-ranked Penn State.
Brianna Banks netted 10 points, the only other double-digit scorer for the Huskies (8-0), who forced 23 Nittany Lion turnovers.
Maggie Lucas had 15 points to lead Penn State (6-2), which has dropped two of its last three since opening the campaign with five straight wins.
Penn State, which trailed 28-22 at the break, pulled within 32-29 four minutes into the second half following Talia East's tip-in.
UConn, though, countered with a 19-7 run to seize control.
Mosqueda-Lewis put in 10 points during the surge as the Huskies took a 51-36 advantage midway through the second stanza.
The margin swelled to as many as 19 down the stretch.
- PENN STATE: 52
Dec 6 9:11 PM
- PENN STATE: 22
Dec 6 7:55 PM
- PENN STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 7:07 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2