Griner helps Baylor down TennesseeDec 19, 2012 - 3:28 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner posted 17 points and 12 rebounds as a strong first half helped No. 3 Baylor take down 10th-ranked Tennessee, 76-53.
Kimetria Hayden scored 16 points to go with six assists, while Brooklyn Pope added 11 points and 16 rebounds for the Lady Bears (9-1), who have won seven straight.
Meighan Simmons had 16 points and five rebounds, while Kamiko Williams gave 15 points, 10 boards and six helpers for the Lady Volunteers (7-2), who had a seven-game winning streak stopped.
Baylor scored the first 17 points of the contest as it took nearly seven minutes for Tennessee to get on the board.
By then it was too late, as the Lady Bears' lead never dipped below 12 points and the team took a 41-16 lead into the second half.
- TENNESSEE: 53
Dec 18 9:52 PM
- TENNESSEE: 16
Dec 18 8:51 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 18 8:13 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26