UConn posts another win over LouisvilleJan 16, 2013 - 5:15 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Bria Hartley and Stefanie Dolson each scored 16 points as No. 3 Connecticut sprinted past 15th-ranked Louisville, 72-58, in Big East action at XL Center.
Kelly Faris and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis chipped in 13 and 12 points, respectively, for the Huskies (15-1, 3-1 Big East), who have won three straight since losing to Notre Dame at Gampel Pavilion on Jan. 5.
Louisville (14-4, 2-2) has dropped 12 in a row against UConn and was done in Tuesday by shooting 34 percent from the field. Shoni Schimmel and Antonita Slaughter supplied 14 and 13 points, respectively, in a losing effort.
The Cardinals trailed 37-23 at halftime and pulled within 11 midway through the second half before Faris and Mosqueda-Lewis each hit from behind the arc around two Brianna Banks free throws to give the Huskies a commanding 58-39 lead they never relinquished.
- LOUISVILLE: 58
Jan 15 10:59 PM
- LOUISVILLE: 23
Jan 15 9:59 PM
- LOUISVILLE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 15 9:12 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2