UConn thumps South Florida, rematch with Notre Dame loomsMar 2, 2013 - 8:35 PM Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis poured in a career-high 32 points and Stefanie Dolson contributed 25 with 10 rebounds, as third-ranked Connecticut tuned up for its Monday showdown with Notre Dame by cruising past South Florida, 85-51.
The Huskies (27-2, 14-1 Big East) have won three straight since a 76-70 loss to top-ranked Baylor, and in two days will visit South Bend in the regular- season finale with a chance to avenge January's 73-72 home loss to the Fighting Irish.
Inga Orekhova scored 13 points for South Florida (19-9, 8-7), which has lost two straight and will visit Georgetown on Monday to conclude the regular season.
The Bulls opened a 6-2 lead early, but missed 10 straight shots as UConn ran off 13 straight points to take control. South Florida was still within 23-20 with eight minutes left in the first half, but the Huskies followed with a 27-11 burst to take a 50-31 cushion into the break.
South Florida never threatened in the second half and finished the contest shooting just 25.4 percent from the field, including a dismal 4-of-22 effort from beyond the arc.
- CONNECTICUT: 85
SOUTH FLORIDA: 51
Mar 2 1:58 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 50
SOUTH FLORIDA: 31
Mar 2 12:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
SOUTH FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 12:04 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2