Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quartersMar 11, 2013 - 3:18 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Breanna Stewart scored a game-high 21 points, as No. 3 Connecticut cruised past DePaul, 94-61, in the quarterfinals of the Big East Tournament on Sunday at XL Center.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Stefanie Dolson donated 16 points apiece for the Huskies (28-3), who were coming off a 96-87 3-OT thriller at Notre Dame on March 4.
UConn will take on Syracuse in a semifinal matchup on Monday after the Orange bested Villanova later on Sunday.
Megan Rogowski led DePaul (21-11) with 15 points, while Jasmine Penny poured in 12 in the setback.
A Mosqueda-Lewis 3-pointer gave the Huskies a 22-11 lead just over six minutes in and UConn led by double-digits the rest of the way en route to the blowout victory.
- DEPAUL: 61
Mar 10 7:46 PM
- DEPAUL: 23
Mar 10 6:48 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 10 6:04 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2