Florida upsets No. 6 Kentucky in LexingtonJan 5, 2014 - 10:42 PM Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Jaterra Bonds scored 23 points and the Florida Gators knocked off sixth-ranked Kentucky, 83-73, at Memorial Coliseum.
Florida (12-3, 2-0 SEC) snapped a nine-game losing streak to ranked opponents by holding the Wildcats without a field goal over the final eight minutes.
Ronni Williams chipped in with 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Gators, who shot 49.1 percent from the field and picked up its first win against Kentucky in seven tries.
Kentucky (13-2, 1-1) had won two in a row since losing to Duke at Rupp Arena, but missed 10 consecutive shots down the stretch Sunday to come out on the losing end.
Florida's Kayla Lewis made a go-ahead layup with under four minutes to play, and the Gators made enough free throws down the stretch to close out their eighth straight victory.
Jennifer O'Neill paced the Wildcats with 15 points.
- FLORIDA: 83
Jan 5 5:31 PM
- FLORIDA: 45
Jan 5 4:04 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 5 3:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18