Stanford takes care of Oregon StateJan 6, 2014 - 1:19 AM Stanford, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Chiney Ogwumike poured in a game-high 31 points, grabbed 13 rebounds and had six assists to carry fourth-ranked Stanford to an 89-67 victory over Oregon State at Maples Pavilion.
Lili Thompson totaled 19 points, five rebounds and five assists for Stanford (13-1, 2-0 Pac-12), which has won 12 straight. Mikaela Ruef contributed 10 points and six rebounds.
Sydney Wiese scored 15 and Jamie Weisner had 13 points and six rebounds for Oregon State (8-6, 0-2), which has now lost three straight.
Stanford exploded out of the block with a 29-4 tear through the first 8:29, with Ogwumike netting 17 of the 29 points for the Cardinals.
The Beavers immediately rattled off five straight, but Stanford responded with a 9-2 run to go ahead 38-11 with 7:07 left in the first half.
Oregon State charged right back again with a 15-4 burst and pulled within 16 points, 42-26, with 3:53 remaining.
The Cardinals shot 52.8 percent from the field in the first half and took a 50-30 margin into the locker room.
Stanford cruised to victory in the second half.
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26