Goss guides Kentucky past MissouriJan 13, 2014 - 12:36 AM Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Bria Goss led a balanced Kentucky scoring attack with 20 points, as the ninth-ranked Wildcats took down Missouri, 80-69, on Sunday at Memorial Coliseum.
Goss shot 10-for-10 from the free throw line and added eight rebounds, while Janee Thompson tallied 16 points and six assists for Kentucky (14-3, 2-2 SEC), which halted a two-game slide.
Samarie Walker donated a double-double with 10 points and 13 boards, while Jennifer O'Neill and DeNesha Stallworth each scored 11 in the win.
Bri Kulas supplied a game-high 27 points and 14 rebounds for the Tigers (13-4, 2-2), who have dropped two of their last three games.
Missouri led 24-16 with 7:33 left in the first half, but the Tigers went the next five-plus minutes without a field goal and the Wildcats took advantage, ripping off a 19-4 run that Goss capped with a 3-pointer for a 35-28 lead.
A quick 6-0 sprint from the Wildcats early in the second pushed the spread to 43-33 and Kentucky held the visitors at bay from there, never allowing the Tigers to get closer than five before pulling away down the stretch.
- MISSOURI: 69
Jan 12 7:07 PM
- MISSOURI: 31
Jan 12 5:56 PM
- MISSOURI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 12 5:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20