Huskies end Baylor's 69-game home winning streakJan 14, 2014 - 3:17 AM Waco, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Breanna Stewart had 18 points and 11 rebounds and top-ranked Connecticut defeated No. 7 Baylor 66-55 on Monday night, ending the Lady Bears' nation-best 69-game home winning streak.
Bria Hartley netted 17 points for UConn (18-0), which hadn't won a game by less than 17 prior to Monday's tilt.
The Huskies have won 24 in a row overall.
Odyssey Sims tallied 20 points, while Nina Davis registered 11 points and 17 rebounds for the Lady Bears (14-2), who hadn't lost at Ferrell Center since falling to Texas 70-54 on March 7, 2010.
UConn led by as many as 11 in the first half, but Baylor slowly chipped away at the deficit and a Sims 3-pointer with 10:54 left cut the gap to 50-49.
The Lady Bears, though, never got any closer as the Huskies ended the game on a 16-6 run.
The Huskies led 36-27 at the break in a contest between the two last national champions.
- CONNECTICUT: 66
Jan 13 8:58 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 36
Jan 13 7:54 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 13 7:03 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2