Braun helps Indiana upset No. 16 KentuckyNov 13, 2006 - 8:22 AM LEXINGTON, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Jamie Braun scored 18 points, including the final seven for her team, as Indiana upset No. 16 Kentucky, 54-51.
Braun made 6-of-12 shots from the field, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range. She also had nine rebounds in 31 minutes.
Carrie Smith had 10 points and Nikki Smith and Kim Roberson added eight apiece for Indiana (2-0), which won despite shooting just 31 percent (19-of-61) and getting outrebounded, 53-44.
Carly Ormerod had 14 points and Sarah Elliott and Jennifer Humphrey combined for 25 rebounds for the Wildcats (1-1), who shot a horrific 24 percent (17-of-69) from the floor and 14-of-25 from the foul line.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20