Thomas paces Vanderbilt past ColoradoNov 13, 2006 - 3:59 AM BOULDER, Colorado (Ticker) -- Carla Thomas didn't start for Vanderbilt but she put on quite a finish.
Scratched from the starting lineup because of an ailing back, Thomas scored 26 points off the bench to lift No. 15 Vanderbilt to an 81-76 win over Colorado.
A 6-3 senior forward, Thomas scored 17 points in the second half. She was 11-of-16 to help the Commodores shoot 50 percent (28-of-56) from the field.
Caroline Williams scored 21 points, including four 3-pointers, and Christina Wirth added 14 for Vanderbilt (1-0).
Jackie McFarland had a stellar game for the Buffaloes (1-1), scoring 12 points on 10-of-14 shooting and grabbing 12 rebounds. She scored 15 points in the final 10:35 as Colorado shaved a 17-point lead to four with 1:57 left, but Williams answered with a 3-pointer to quell the rally.
Jasmina Ilic was also in double figures with 14 points, but she also had seven turnovers for Colorado, which shot 48 percent (28-of-59).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18